Wednesday 2 March 2016

DESKTOP 946 - YARRA RIVER

The Yarra River (or historically, the Yarra Yarra River) is a perennial river in east-central Victoria, Australia. The lower stretches of the river are where the city of Melbourne was established in 1835 and today Greater Melbourne dominates and influences the landscape of its lower reaches. From its source in the Yarra Ranges, it flows 242 kilometres west through the Yarra Valley which opens out into plains as it winds its way through Greater Melbourne before emptying into Hobsons Bay in northernmost Port Phillip. Here it is seen in metropolitan Melbourne at Dights Falls.

This post is part of the Wednesday Waters meme,
and also part of the Waterworld Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Outdoor Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Seasons meme,
and also part of the Nature Footstep Digital Art Meme.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography. I would love to visit Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This goes well with your other post ... I have heard of, but never seen the Yarra River ... though I hope to some day. Australia is on my bucket list :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you much for contributing to Seasons. I have lived so many years close to the ocean. I really miss is now (3 1/2 hrs. away). From other bloggers I know that Fall started yesterday in your neck of the woods. Hope you like Fall! Hope to see you back next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and refreshing. I see some currents I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I wish I could visit Australia - it seems so lovely in photos.
    Perhaps someday!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-walls-of-san-juan.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've always wanted to visit there...beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely view of the Yarra from all these trees.

    ReplyDelete