Wednesday 17 February 2021

DESKTOP 2757 - YUCCA

Yucca filamentosa, Adam’s needle and thread, is a species of flowering plant in the family Asparagaceae native to the southeastern United States. Growing to 3 m tall, it is an evergreen shrub valued in horticulture for its architectural qualities.Y. filamentosa is closely related to Yucca flaccida and it is possible they should be classified as a single species.

This post is part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the My Corner of the World meme,
and also part of the Nature Notes meme.


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I've never seen these.
    Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/02/cedar-creek-galleries-not-your-average.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those blooms are gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen one in bloom.

    It's great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen one with flowers

    ReplyDelete